Day 1: Arusha – Moshi – londrosi gate – lemosho
After breakfast and the orientation have a 2-hour drive from Arusha to Moshi (910m) to Londorossi Park Gate (2100m). The guides and porters prepare and pack the supplies and your equipment in the village.
In the evening the porters will boil drinking and washing water and the cook will prepare dinner, before you retire to your tent for the night. Night temperatures can already drop to freezing point at this campsite.
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa -Shia Two Camp.
You rise early at Mti Mkubwa camp and, after breakfast, you climb an hour or so to the top of the forest and then the trail gradually steepens and enters the giant heather moorland zone. Several streams are crossed. A gentle walk across the plateau leads to Shira 2-camp on moorland meadows next to a stream (3840m).
Enjoy dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Shira Two Camp-Baranco Camp.
The route now turns east into a semi desert and rocky landscape surrounding Lava Tower where you reach an altitude of 4600m after about a 5 hours walk. Lunch is served in a designated are before ascending the rocky scree path to Lava Tower
This descent to Barranco camp takes about 2 hours and offers great opportunities to take some beautiful photographs of the Western Breach and Breach Wall. The camp is situated in a valley below the Breach and Great Barranco Wall, which should provide you with a memorable sunset while you wait for your dinner.
Day 4: Baranco-Barafu Camp.
formulate positive to facilitate yourself with the terrain before dark to avoid any accidents. The summit is now a further 1345m up and you will make the final ascent the same night. Prepare your equipment, ski stick and thermal clothing for your summit attempt.
Go to bed at round about 19h00 and try to get some precious rest and sleep. Overnight at Barafu camp.
Day 5: Barafu – Uhuru Peak-Mweka Camp.
You will wake up around 23h30, and after some tea you shuffle off into the night. You will head in a northwesterly direction and ascend through heavy screed towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This 6-hour walks to Stella point is for many climbers, mentally and physically the most challenging on the route.
. Here you will have a well earned but short rest and collect the rest of your gear, before heading down to Mweka hut (3100m). Overnight at Mweka Camp.
Day 6: Mweka Camp – Mweka Pak Gate-Arusha.
Have an early breakfast, it is a short 3-hour and scenic hike back to the Park gate. It is strongly recommended not to pay your porters any tips until you and all your gear have reached the gate safely. From the Mweka Gate you will continue down into the Mweka village, normally a muddy 3 km (1 hour) hike. In the Mweka village you will and drive back to Moshi for a long overdue hot shower, dinner and celebrations! Overnight in Moshi hotel.
Included In The Package Above:
1. Pick-up from the airport upon arrival Airport
2. Accommodation while on expeditions
3. All park fees
4. Three meals per day
5. Bottled water
6. Guide, cook & porter fees
7. English speaking and knowledgeable lead guides, cooks & porters
What to bring on trekking either Kilimanjaro
- Waterproof rucksack with day pack
- Sleeping bag (covering at least 3 seasons)
- Roll mats and insulation pads
- Comfortable hiking boots, light walking trainers thongs (flip – flops)
- Gaiters (useful when encountering snow)
- Wooden walking stick / ski pole
- Sunglasses or snow – goggles, sun hat, balaclava or woolen hat
- Warm scarf, gloves, mittens and thermal underwear
- Sweaters / jumpers, anorak / raincoat, water and windproof pants, jackets, t-shirt, several pairs of socks
- Long sleeved shirt with collar, small towel, toiletries and toilet paper
- Sunscreen and lip salve
- Flash light (head mounted preferable) and spare batteries
- Water bottle