Day 1: Nairobi – Sirimon gate- Old Moses camp..
After breakfast pick up from your hotel to the office for orienation , later drive to Nanyuki town for lunch crossing the equator en route to the Sirimon Park gate (2660m).
From the gate, we trek up thro magnificent montane forest, bamboo and giant heather zone before reaching the high altitude moorland and our first hut (Old Moses camp 3,300m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Old Moses – Shipton camp (4200m).
After breakfast, you will follow the track uphill, forking right at the junction. After a water break, you continue on the track crossing Ontulili River before turning right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North River and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the Shipton Camp.
Day 3: Shipton Camp – Acclimatization Day
you will take a rest day at the Shipton camp. Short walks / day hikes are possible on the summit climb to Oblong and Hausberg tarns gaining an elevation of 370m before returning to the camp for lunch. Afternoon is at leisure.
Day 4: Shipton – Point Lenana
climb starts on frozen scree and continues on a rocky track with some very minor scrambling. with a good moon you barely need a torch.
After a short rest descend further to Mt Kenya Bandas along the Gorges valley where you can enjoy good views of the Temple, Lake Michaelson, Mushroom rocks and Giants billiards table Mountain.
Dinner and overnight at the Mt Kenya Bandas.
Here can enjoy log fires, hot showers and bed at the Bandas.
Day 5: Meru Bandas- Chogoria town.
After breakfast, go down on a broad track through bamboo and virgin rain forest to meet vehicle for transfer to Chogoria town and further to Nairobi arriving by 17:00hrs.(Half way walk and Halfway you can Opt to use a 4×4 the other Half and this will be at an extra cost.
The following items are included in the above prices:
- All transportation to/from the mountain
- All Park fees.
- All food while on the Mountain.
- Accommodation in mountain huts/ camping where applicable.
- All guiding services
- Porter support for the climb.
Not included are:
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porter
- Beverages while not on the mountain
MOUNTAIN GEAR CHECK-LIST
- A Rack sack For Your Equipments – To Be Carried By Porters
- Sleeping Bag [Mountain Type],
- Hiking, or Climbing Boots ,Camp Shoes, Trainers Not Sandals
- Socks. 2 Thin Polypro Type For Quick Drying, 4 Thick Wind Pants, Wind shirts
- High Gaiters, Warm Pants [Fleece], Jacket Or Pullover, 1 Rain Parka
- 2 Underwears,1 HikingShirt, Long Sleeve, 1 Bandanna
- 1 Warm Hat, 1 HikingShorts, Pants ,Balaclava, Fleece Neck Warmer
- Headlamp, Bulb, Batteries, First Aid Kit, Pocketknife ,Sunglasses, Snow
- Goggles ,Water Purification Tablets
- Toiletry Item, Plus Sunblock, Lipsalve And Moisturizer
- Walking Stick